Monday, August 27, 2012

Double-Duty Footboard / Game Table

Inspiration comes from the darndest places.  Just the other night my grandson came to spend the night.  All the other beds in the house had already been claimed so we filled the twin-size air mattress and walked around the house looking for enough floor space to put it down.  In the end we tucked part of the mattress under a table.  He loved it and insisted on sleeping with his head under the table.

This gave me the idea of how to use my floor space more efficiently!  I shopped around and found this fun set for less than $170 at discount department-store chain (you can also find it online if you search for a high drop-leaf table.)

My plan is to put this table at the foot of a twin bed.  In a Kiddle's room I'd sand it and paint it fun colors to blend with the room.

When the leaf is down, it will look a little like a footboard with some display space at the top.  The stools can be used as seating elsewhere, as nightstands or as luggage racks in a guest room.  When the leaf is up it can be a desk, a game table or even a snack table.

Other ideas for a footboard: a low bookshelf, a student size desk or chest for blankets, out-of-season clothes or toys. I'd love to hear how you double-up space in your Kiddle's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, Critiques, Criticisms, Questions?