Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sharing Space

from scrappinstuff.com
Maybe because my dad was a twin, the Bundles in my life tend to arrive in pairs of boys and girls.  I had two boys, then two girls and now I have two grandsons.  Sharing spaces was and still is a big deal with us.

This blog post will not be about how to allow separate space for each child.  It's not about defining areas, labeling toys or stacking beds.  It's about how to bring two Kiddles together, how to teach them about sharing and being glad to share.

Searching the Net, I found two quotes I'd put up if my Kiddles were still young and sharing rooms.  Find your favorite or create one just for your Kiddles. 

We are lucky to be living in the age of vinyl stick-on letters.  Think about how you can use them to remind your Kiddles that they are fortunate to be together, to share a space and to share the bounty from birthdays and holidays.

Vinyl letters are fun, of course, but you could also make a slide on PowerPoint, save it as an image and have it printed as a poster.  Or the latest trend is to take pictures of letters on signs around town and create words using the letters.

Even better- let the Kiddles create their own quote and poster!

My grandsons share space when they spend the weekend with me.  Next time they are here, we'll create a quote about cousins.  We'll brainstorm how to turn it into wall art and talk about how lucky they are to see each other and play together so often.

I'm lucky, too!

How do you show your Kiddles to share spaces?  Let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, Critiques, Criticisms, Questions?