Saturday, September 1, 2012

Kid's Camp

http://www.naibor.com/little-naibor.htm
I admit it. I'm a Pinterest junkie. Today perusing the posts gave me inspiration for this blog.

One of my Kiddles used to say he was going to Camp Grandma when he was going to his other grandmother's house.

http://www.cafepress.com
When I saw these photos from a camp website  and a cool kid's T-shirt, I thought how much fun it would be for the Kiddes and I to turn the attic, or at least part of the attic into a "camp".  Pitch a tent, add some cots or air mattresses, throw in some sleeping bags and battery powered  lanterns and we are all set.

One small problem.  We don't have an attic. Not to worry, we have a little space left over in the basement.  It's the one space that doesn't have an overhead light so it would be perfect for a tent and lantern.  Good thing we have both of those!

No tent or lantern?  I'd say throw blankets over a table and add a lamp but that just doesn't have the same camping feel as a tent and lantern.  Check your local classifieds, online classifieds and auction sites for a used one. 

For the last two days we have had the remainder of hurricane Isaac hanging around.  Rain, rain and more rain!  My grandson and I have been glued to our computers and reading books.  I think it's time to get up and set up camp!  Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, Critiques, Criticisms, Questions?