Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Fabric Remnants = Inspiration

odd and ends

The other day I was looking for inspiration for my next project.

While rummaging through some fabric stashed in a drawer I found several red flannel plaid pieces I'd planned on using for newsboy hats, some corduroy left over from a pair of overalls I made earlier and some tulle from a Halloween project.  Later I also found a cotton print of red plaid moose scattered on a black field.

I played around with ideas such as a baby grab ball or some kind of moose in a tulle tutu  (which I may still do!).

However, in a box on a shelf I have some vintage patterns.  So I took down the box and flipped through the envelopes.  A 50's pattern for a crinoline caught my attention.  It had rows of ruffles on a full circle skirt, perfect for the quarter yards of fabric I had on  hand.

I ended up with this creation- a corduroy skirt with a moose ruffle and a flannel plaid ruffle, layered over 4" eyelet lace.

I'm going to take this skirt to a craft fair in a few weeks and see what people think.  What will you make from your left overs?  I'd love to see the result of your inspirational remnants!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, Critiques, Criticisms, Questions?